tips for interview
- Stay cool, calm and confident.
- Don’t play with your expressions; keep a gentle smile on your face.
- Take permission before entering the room (May I come in Sir?)
- Your voice must be strong, clear and audible.
- If the interviewer shakes hand with you then it’s ok; otherwise just say “Assalam o Alaikum (Hi) Sir”!
- Don’t shake hard very firmly/hardly; be well mannered in the handshake.
- Don’t sit on the chair unless he/she tells you to sit.
- Don’t stare at the roof and walls, keep the focus on the interviewer.
- Sit with your legs straight, don’t sit with cross legs.
- Your back must be straight, be alert and don’t sit in a relaxed manner.
- Don’t sit with both hands holding each other. Keep them apart.
- You will be asked to introduce yourself, prepare your introduction well.
- The introduction is the most important part of an interview because it’s your first impression on
the interviewer. Avoid unnecessary details, stick to yourself only. Don’t mention your family
members, it will lengthen the intro and interviewer will get bored. A to-the-point introduction
consists of 3 parts:
i) Personal Info: Your full name, father’s name and your city along with district.
ii) Educational Info: Includes info about your degrees. Order must be the latest degree first
then move to the next recent one (Masters >> Bachelors >> F.Sc >> Matric). Include the
year of completion, your institution name, obtained marks, total marks and
iii) What are you doing nowadays? Includes information about the ongoing degree/job (if
any) and the course which you have applied for.
- Answer in the same language in which the question is asked.
- If you are not sure about any answer, say “Sorry Sir!”, avoid guessing.
- Always give the close-most answer to every mathematics related question. Don’t skip it.
- Look into the eyes of the interviewer while answering to show your confidence.
- Don’t shake your head or move your hands while explaining.
- Do not laugh if he tries to crack a joke. Just smile.
- Personal questions will be asked, don’t get angry, keep your cool and answer with logic.
- Don’t play with your dress, tie or shirt.
- Show patriotism and determination in your answers.
- First, thing, and then answer. Don’t give the answer instantly because that will be considered a
guess. Take your time even if you know the answer.
- If you don’t know the answer, still take your time, and say sorry. Don’t say sorry instantly.